South Eastern Australia, Australia
FREE delivery in Stratford upon Avon and local area.
Nineteen crimes turned convicts into colonists. Upon conviction British rogues guilty of a least one of the 19 crimes were sentenced to live in Australia, rather than death. This punishment by "transportation" began in 1787 and many of the lawless died at sea. For the rough-hewn prisoners who made it to shore, a new world awaited. As pioneers in a frontier penal colony, they forged a new country and new lives, brick by brick. This wine celebrates the rules they broke and the culture they built.
1. Grand Larceny, theft above the value of one shilling
2. Petty Larceny, theft under one shilling.
3. Buying or receiving stolen goods, jewels, and plate...
4. Stealing lead, iron, or copper, or buying or receiving.
5. Impersonating an Egyptian.
6. Stealing from furnished lodgings.
7. Setting fire to underwood.
8. Stealing letters, advancing the postage, and secreting the money.
9. Assault with an intent to rob.
10. Stealing fish from a pond or river.
11. Stealing roots, trees, or plants, or destroying them.
13. Assaulting, cutting, or burning clothes.
14. Counterfeiting the copper coin...
15. Clandestine marriage.
16. Stealing a shroud out of a grave.
17. Watermen carrying too many passengers on the Thames, if any drowned.
18. Incorrigible rogues who broke out of Prison and persons reprieved from capital punishment.
19. Embeuling Naval Stores, in certain cases.
A liquid ode to our past, 19 Crimes is inspired by those who, beginning in 1788, were transported to Australia for a life of hard labor. Many did not survive the journey. For the sea-beaten people who made it ashore, a new world awaited.
As pioneers in a harsh frontier colony, they forged fresh pathways and built new lives from their chequered pasts, brick by brick.
This wine honors the history they wrote and the culture they built.
The Uprising pays homage to Australia’s “Rum Rebellion” of 1808. Due to the Government’s hindering of the rum trade, the rebellion was the only time a group of soldiers and citizens banded together to overthrow the Government. A portion of this wine has thus been aged for 30 days in rum barrels and is dark with jammy flavors and a smoky finish.
A medium red color with bright ruby hues. It has an intense nose of lifted mocha, sweet spice, and raspberry fruit. This is a full and round wine, with a mocha and spice sweetness giving a rich and round mouth feel. Subtle flavours of brown sugar and cinnamon, with a plush finish filled with jammy blackberry and raspberry.
ABV 14.5% by volume 75cl glass bottle with a cork. The TAX content £3.73 that's 41.67%.
Please disregard 'delivery' charges, if you live in Stratford upon Avon and the local area, delivery is FREE.
PER BOTTLE £7.69 (inc VAT)